Welcome to your new home at Lake Charles community, Sage Oak of Lake Charles, where we believe that “boutique is better.” Our intimate campus comprises five residential-style homes (three Assisted Living and two Memory Care), each with 16 units. Residents feel at ease and truly at home in our open-concept community where chefs cook made-to-order meals and staff-to-resident ratios range between 1:5 and 1:8.
Our Lake Charles community features a variety of floor plan layouts to suit you or a loved one’s preferred lifestyle. Professional decor is offered in our senior living homes, but residents are also welcome to bring their own furniture. As you get started on making your plans to move, follow this helpful checklist to help you get ready for your new home.
Getting Ready to Move
Your home is filled with treasured memories and, if you’re like most of us, it’s also filled with some clutter and unnecessary items. Downsizing from your home is easier with a few tips and tricks to help you get started.
Think about what you really need to live comfortably in your new space. Once you’ve decided that it’s the right time for a senior living apartment, you may need a little guidance about how to decorate your new space and we’re happy to help.
- Enlist help from family and friends. Moving can be time-consuming, but it’s more fun with friends.
- Decide what to bring. Separate items into three piles (keep, donate/give away, and trash) Does the item bring you joy? Is it used every day? Does it have sentimental value? If a certain item makes daily life easier or if it fills you with a sense of happiness and joy add it to the keep pile. If not, consider if someone else could use it or throw it away.
- Think about the furniture you might need for the size of the space:
- Decide which electronics to bring (TV, computer, etc.).
- Create designated hobby and workspace areas.
- Divide living and sleeping areas to make the space feel larger.
- Consider what storage you may need.
- Save space with multi-functional items. Side tables that can double as desks or beds and ottomans with extra storage can make your space more functional.
- Consider where you’ll place your items in your new space. Keep items that are used regularly on easy-to-reach shelves. Consider cabinets with glass doors so that you can easily locate items.
- Make it feel like home. Bring plenty of photos of family and friends, special heirlooms, artwork, and pieces that make it your own. Add those special heirlooms that spark joy.
- Try out some tips for decorating small spaces. Adding colorful accent pieces and comfy throws and decorating in neutral colors can make your space calming and inviting.
- Create separation. Try using mirrors or artwork to make the space feel larger and more engaging, creating the illusion of more space.
- Add fun details. Have some fun with items like throw pillows, area rugs, and decorative pieces that add more dimension and charm.
- Add some greenery with low-maintenance houseplants.
- Make it your own: Personalize your space with your favorite colors, patterns, photos, and art. That’s the beauty of creating your new home!
- Ask for assistance. At Sage Oak of Lake Charles, we’re here to make your move-in stress free.
Welcome home to your fresh new space! At our Lake Charles community, boutique senior living means exceptional care, in an intimate environment where your needs come first.
Putting your needs first
We understand that moving can be a hassle, and making the change to downsize to senior living can be overwhelming. Where here to provide resources to help make life a little less demanding.
By choosing Sage Oak at Lake Charles, you’re putting your needs first. By eliminating the many hassles of home upkeep and maintenance and opting for a community that can accommodate multiple levels of care, you’re investing in your well-being.
Aging in place is easy. Move once and forget about the need to do so again should your needs change. Through collaborative care with third-party agencies and medical providers we can provide the highest quality of life and standard of care.
Residents also enjoy access to our landscaped and wooded outdoor space perfect for family visits, with sidewalks along the way to connect you to all of our buildings. We’re also pet-friendly, so your small dog or cat will love it here too!
Enjoy delicious dining, comfortable accommodations, engaging activities and new friends in an award-winning community. Let us help take the stress out of moving today.
Take the first step in making life a little more manageable and put your well-being first.
Learn more about boutique senior living. Contact us today to set up a tour and see our Lake Charles community in person. Find your new home today.